Mung beans are small and green beans from legume family which have important health benefits. It can be consumed both fresh and dry. It has some sweet flavor and is suitable to use in many dishes such as salads, soups and meals.
It is easy to fun to grow your own food at home. Growing mung bean sprouts is one of them which is very easy to grow. You can have endless supply of mung bean sprouts which are extremely beneficial for your health.
The Nutrition Value
Mung beans are rich in vitamins, minarels, proteins and fibers. It is the best resource for plant-based protein. Sprouted mung beans have less calorie but more antioxidant and amino acid then mung bean seeds. Here are the nutrition value of mung beans for one cup of boiled mung beans:
- Calorie: 212
- Fat: 0,8 gr
- Protein: 14,2 gr
- Carbonhydrate: 38,7 gr
- Fiber: 15,5 gr
- Folate (B9): 80% of RDI (recommended daily intake)
- Manganese: 30% of RDI
- Magnesium: 24% of RDI
- Vitamin B1: 22% of RDI
- Phosphor: 20% of RDI
- Iron: 16% of RDI
- Copper: 16% of RDI
- Potassium: 15% of RDI
- Zinc: 11% of RDI
- B2, B3, B5, B6 and selenium vitamins.
8 Health Benefits of Mung Beans
Mung beans are rich in nutrition content and helps to recover many illnesses. Here are eight important health benefits of mung beans:
- High antioxidant levels help to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses.
- It contains antioxidants such as vitexin and isovitexin which protect against heat stroke.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease and the level of bad cholesterol.
- It is rich in potassium, magnesium and fiber which can lower the blood pressure.
- Beans and fibrous starch are helpful in digestion health.
- The antioxidants in its nutrient composition helps to reduce the blood sugar.
- It encourages the weight loss by increasing the hormones of satisfaction .
- The folate in mung beans supports the healthy pregnancy.