Turkish coffee is a traditional Turkish drink with a special taste, smell, foam and the way of serving. Turkish coffee indeed is not only the name of the authentic Turkish drink but also is the name of a cooking style. Here are a few key tips for making foamy Turkish coffee:
- The best ratio of coffee to water is 1/10. It means that for every 1 gram of Turkish coffee powder, it is better to use 10 ml water.
- The water must not be warm or hot. The best Turkish coffee is made with the water in room-temperature.
- Before cooking, the water and coffee must be mixed well. This is why it is not important which one is added first.
- During cooking it is better not to mix the coffee. This way the Turkish coffee grounds settle on the ground while the foam starts to cumulate on the surface.
- The best result is achieved with copper coffee pot because of its ability to transfer the heat.
Foamy Turkish Coffee Recipe
We have listed the tips for making good quality Turkish coffee above. Considering these tips, we can now start making Turkish coffee. Here are the ingredients and step-by-step instructions for making foamy Turkish coffee.
Ingredents: 7.5 gr Turkish coffee, 75 ml water, sugar (optional)
1-First of all, in a coffee pot, put 7.5 gr Turkish coffee and 75 ml water in room temperature.
2- Then add sugar as you wish.
3- Before starting to cook, mix well the water, coffee and sugar.
4- Then put the pot in medium heat without mixing.
5- Observe the foam getting together on the surface while the pot is getting heat. At the same time the coffee grounds settle on the bottom.
6- Be careful not to let the coffee to boil. Be quick to remove the coffee from the heat when the foam grows and attempts to curve towards the middle. This is approximately 95 degrees.
7- You can pour Turkish coffee to Turkish coffee cups (which is usually 75 ml)
8- You can serve your Turkish coffee together with a piece of dark chocolate or Turkish delight.
You can get new ideas of drinks and beverages here.